held November 4, 2013, at the
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
This event brought together local, regional, and national private- and public-sector leaders, as well as community stakeholders, to discuss opportunities and issues related to complete communities in Delaware.
Panels discussed how:
- Transportation and land-use planning has shifted to an accessibility focus.
- Government entities address regulatory challenges.
- Delaware local governments achieve “recipes for success.”
- Generational trends and preferences influence the housing/real estate market.
- Communities gain competitive economic advantage through planning innovations.
This event was organized by the University of Delaware’s Institute for Public Administration in cooperation with the Delaware Department of Transportation and the Delaware State Office of Planning Coordination.