This section introduces the concept of green building practices. It explains how green building strategies may be used by local governments to design and build healthy, comfortable, cost efficient and environmentally friendly living and working environments. Local governments can incorporate green building practices into their planning and policy framework as a foundation for resource efficiency, a green economy, and sustainable development.
Topics in this section include:
- What is a Green Building Practice?
- Guiding Principles of Green Building Practices
- Green Building as a Complete Communities Best Practice
- Benefits of Green Building Practices
- State-Level Green Building Initiatives in Delaware
- Instituting Green Building Practices in Your Community
- Delaware Local Government Green Building Practices and Initiatives in Delaware