An inclusive and active community is conscious of, yet goes beyond, built form concerns by recognizing the need for citizens to be involved in their community – through various means – in an effort to make it a better place to live. This not only encourages community empowerment, but it also fosters greater citizen satisfaction with their community.
As a result of our research, provided below is a list of characteristics we have determined make up a Inclusive and Active community:
- Fosters sense of and pride in community
- Creates social networks
- Strengthens citizen participation
- Promotes community involvement and social activities
- Distinct community character
- Preserves community heritage
- Respects local culture
Please feel free to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel we missed any key characteristics!