Local governments should engage stakeholders to establish a clear vision for infill, redevelopment, and revitalization in areas targeted for growth and reinvestment. This section of the Delaware Complete Communities Planning Toolbox describes infill and redevelopment strategies, tools, and programs that local governments may wish to consider as an alternative to sprawling and unsustainable land use and development patterns. It features videos on:
Infill and Redevelopment
Delaware Brownfields Program
Delaware’s world-class Brownfields Program is described in Brownfields video developed by DNREC’s Site Investigation and Restoration Section and featured on International City/County Manager Association (ICMA) TV.
- What is Infill and Redevelopment?
- Adaptive Reuse of Underutilized Buildings and Sites
- Infill Compatibility
- Benefits of Infill and Redevelopment Activities
- Types of Infill
- Barriers to Infill Development
- Infill Development Incentives
- Local Government Strategies for Infill Development
- Infill Redevelopment and Revitalization Best Practices in Delaware
- State Programs that Support Infill Development