Public engagement involves much more than just public participation at public hearings, council meetings, or workshops. Local governments need to understand the benefits of citizen engagement, develop public engagement plans, and provide opportunities that create meaningful public involvement. Engaging residents and other stakeholders can increase understanding, create better and sustainable decisions, and build trust. This section offers a variety of tools and techniques to more effectively build public engagement using a combination of high-touch, high-tech community techniques.
- What is Public Engagement?
- Why Public Engagement is Important to Building Complete Communities
- Benefits of Public Engagement
- What is a Public Engagement Plan?
- High-Touch Public Engagement
- High-Tech Public Engagement
- An Integrated Approach to Public Engagement
- Best Practices